Why do Kids Need Probiotics?
Healthy growth of children has always been a serious concern for every parent. Making your kids have healthy food can be a challenge. In this age of processed, canned and fast food, kids do not seem to get attracted to healthy food at all.
Probiotics are very beneficial for our gut health and immune system. Thus parents are opting for probiotics supplements for their kids to fulfill their nutritional needs. Here are some reasons for which every parent must consider giving probiotic rich foods and supplements to their kids:
- Probiotics are live microorganisms that maintain the balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut. They help in maintaining child’s gastrointestinal health and thus making his / her immunity better.
- When a kid is given antibiotics for any reason, they destroy the good bacteria along with the bad bacteria in the child’s gut, which can cause distress on the child’s gastrointestinal functioning and cause problems like diarrhea. Doctors suggest that kids should be given probiotics abundantly before and even after any such medications to keep their gut healthy.
- Many diseases cause the imbalance of good and bad bacteria in gut making the immune system of the child weaker. Probiotics fight such disease and restore the healthy balance in gut.
- Kids tend to get more allergies and infections due to weaker immune system, probiotics for kids help them fight against such allergies.
- Probiotics do not only benefit the gut functioning and health but also help in better digestion of food nutrients. Probiotics benefit the overall digestive system in the human body.
- Probiotics help in fastening the metabolism of the child’s body by improving digestive system. This way your kids can eat more and absorb more nutrients.
- Science has proven that the gut and the brain are closely related in human body. A healthy gut can increase the chances of a healthy brain. Probiotics make your child’s gut healthy and ensure a healthy brain in them.
- Probiotics are also said to be improving urinary tract functioning in kids by preserving good bacterium in the overall system.
- Kids who take appropriate amounts of probiotics are more energetic and active as probiotics produce vitamins like B 12 and K 2.
- Probiotics can help in appropriate height growth of a child as every child who takes appropriate amount of probiotics tends to absorbs all essential nutrients and minerals like calcium, potassium and iron more. This way their healthy growth is ensured.
Probiotics have numerous benefits for human health. Not only kids but also adult can take advantage of these benefits. It is necessary for everyone to take probiotics in handsome amount everyday so that their gut stays healthy.
For probiotics Malaysia has all the foods and supplements available. Fermented foods like Greek yogurt, olives and pickles are great sources of probiotics. Miso soup is also one of such foods. Kids and adults equally like these food items.
Being a mom or dad you must want to bring the best for your child. So give them healthy and probiotic rich foods to make their childhood years happy, healthy and full of energy and ensure they healthy physical and mental growth.